Do you remember the heyday of the fax machine? Back in the day, it was the essential device in every office, and using it was considered one of the most crucial abilities for many positions. To many, life without a fax machine seemed impossible.
As we know, the times have changed significantly. With the popularity of the Internet, it might sometimes seem that the fax era is over. However, you will be surprised to find out that it’s far from true – in fact, fax machines are still being widely used, helping millions of users each day in the whole world. Why?
In reality, faxing is easier, cheaper, more secure, and goes better with the already existing work habits than sending documents digitally. Faxing is still prevalent in many countries, especially in Germany and Japan, and in multiple economic sectors, for instance, financial services or health care.
Because of its wide use in many businesses and organizations, you may often be required to fax something to a specific company. Here’s the main question, though: how to do it without an actual fax machine at home? Don’t worry: there is a way.
How to Send a Fax Without a Fax Machine
You can send fax whether you’re in the office or at your home, even without a noisy machine by your desk. It’s not that hard, and even without a lot of experience with gadgets, you should be able to do it quickly and effortlessly.
- First, you have to download the fax app. There are many of those available in app stores both for iOS and for Android. To make sure you don’t have to pay a fortune for this service, you can choose the free options, such as www.faxburner.com.
- Register an account to start faxing from your iPhone or Android.
- In the registration process, you will be given a disposable fax number. If you need it, you might request a new one. If you would like to keep your fax number, check if you’ve got such an option in the app and the type of files you can send or receive with it.
- From the app, choose a button “compose a fax” or “create a fax.” Then select the PDF you have on your smartphone or the photos you wish to send. You can either choose the pictures from your gallery or take a photo while composing fax.
- Complete the required form. Most probably, you’ll be asked to enter your personal information, as well as the data of the recipient. In the case of some apps, you will be asked to put the recipient’s info in the headline and send the photo to the specified app’s unique fax number. In others, you will be able to send the fax directly to the recipient. Before sending, make sure what information a particular app needs to ensure your fax will successfully come through. Always remember to follow the instructions closely.
- Click send! With the use of apps, typically, you can send a fax in less than a minute. Check out more unique features of your app, such as whether your fax is archived and whether you can put it into specific folders, which may help you keep things more organized.
Congratulations, you’ve just sent a fax without a fax machine. Is it some kind of sorcery? Not at all; it’s just the wonders of the digital era we live in. No faxing can be easy, quick, and free! What about other advantages of digital faxing?
Why You Should Start Faxing Electronically
There are multiple advantages of online faxing over a traditional method.
You have to be skilled in managing the fax machine, and let’s not forget that fax machines are famous for their proclivity to malfunction frequently. Did we mention wasting paper?
Online fax ensures a much more beneficial process, bringing advantages to you, your co-workers, and even the planet. Say goodbye to the never-ending printing of the documents – now the fax will be saved as PDFs in your recipient’s account or their fax machine. Plus, you will be able to send multiple pages at once, just with one click. And no more waiting in line to the fax machine – now you can fax directly from your smartphone.
Knowing that faxing is still such a common and widely used practice, you will probably be asked to do it at some point in your career. As long as you’re in the office and the fax machine is available, you’re fine. What to do, though, if you’re working remotely from your house, or the fax machine got broken? Luckily, you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
Typically, digital faxing is even more convenient than the traditional method. Of course, first, you have to download the app and get used to the interface to use it properly. However, once you get accustomed to the system and its features, surely you will never again think about traditional faxing. If you’re still doubtful – just give it a try. Simply choose a free app or the one with a beta version, and enjoy your new faxing routine!