For the majority of the users, GoDaddy is just a hosting platform that allows users to buy a particular domain for their website. But it is also an email platform that is used by several individuals and businesses globally. Still, presently companies have started migrating to other convenient and stable cloud structures for email management.
For example, most companies have undergone GoDaddy Office 365 migrations already. If you are trying to know how to export emails from GoDaddy to Office 365, then you should be aware of the fact that there is no direct alternative for that.
Hence, here are significant methods to export GoDaddy emails to Office 365 efficiently:
Usually, there are two ways to export GoDaddy emails to Office 365. The initial step includes the use of Microsoft Outlook, and the secondary step includes using Mozilla Thunderbird as well as MBOX files. Here is a detailed discussion about both of these methods.
By using MS Outlook
Before you get started with the process, you will have to configure your GoDaddy account by MS Outlook with the IMAP or POP functionality, then build an Outlook file for the GoDaddy data, and later you can export it to Office 365.
For GoDaddy account configuration, try the steps mentioned below:
- Open MS Outlook on your system and click on the File Tab.
- From the File tab, choose the Add Account option available.
- Give the necessary details mentioned in it, such as username, password, address, etc., and then click on the Next button and do as the instructions are displayed.
- After you finish the GoDaddy account configuration, Outlook will download all the files and data from your account by default and show it in the folder section. You can have access to the GoDaddy data in Outlook file format as follows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
After transforming GoDaddy Mailbox data to Outlook OST/PST format, you can then effortlessly import PST to Office 365. You can also make use of a Azure Windows 10 Virtual Desktop to increase efficiency.
By using Mozilla Thunderbird
If you do not feel uncomfortable while using MS Outlook, then Thunderbird is a great alternative that can be used to transform GoDaddy mailbox data to MBOX, and later export it to Office 365. For the configuration of your GoDaddy account with Mozilla Thunderbird, try the following steps mentioned below:
- Go to Thunderbird and open the Tools menu and click on Account Settings.
- Choose Account Actions and then select the Add Mail Account option in the settings.
- Give the necessary details like Username, Email address, password, etc. for the GoDaddy account and select Continue.
- After transforming GoDaddy mailbox data to MBOX, you can import MBOX to Office 365 smoothly.
Apps4Rent gives the best services for migration processes including SharePoint Data Migration and many more!