According to mathematic terms, blackjack is the most profitable game the casino has to offer. In fact, this is the only game where the casino has no mathematical edge, and strong players can gain an edge by using card counts. The scientific theory of the game appeared in the United States in the early 1960s and has been all the time evolving since then, opening up new and new possibilities for players.
American universities hold conferences on blackjack periodicals are published, and numerous new books appear regularly (both for ordinary players and professionals). But, despite all this, the best online casinos for Canadians and Americans have a constant and tangible profit on blackjack. And the majority of players suffer losses. This is most likely due to the fact that not all players are able to count cards in blackjack correctly.
This review will focus on the most popular and efficient card counting strategy. But if you want to know how and where to play online blackjack for free, find complete information about worthy casino sites at Casinority. Train your skills at online blackjack for free before starting your gambling path.
Rules of the Game
Depending on the rules of a particular casino, a standard deck of fifty-two cards is used (a game with one deck) in the game. However, 2 or even 8 standard decks can be used as well. This especially refers to multi-deck games.
The task of a blackjack player is to score twenty-one points or a number close to it; in this case, it is impossible to exceed 21 points (this is called “bust”). In the case of bust, a player loses unambiguously. Some online casinos introduce additional restrictions, so it is worth taking at least a quick glance at them before playing blackjack.
What Is Card Counting in Blackjack and How It Works?
Counting cards is one strategy that players can use to gain a one-point advantage over the dealer. In a typical blackjack game with one deck of cards, the house edge, which is the odds of winning the casino, is usually zero. This means that if you’ve chosen the right approach based on this method, then you will stay with your friends or win in the long run. This may not give absolute superiority. However, blackjack is the only card game where such an opportunity exists, and the gambling house will not have an edge.
This makes it easier and more profitable to count cards in the long run. This means exactly keeping the account of certain cards while the dealer issues cards from the deck. By keeping this count, you will roughly know which cards are most likely to fall next to you and the dealer. Such a small amount of information can tell you when to make a big bet and when the opposite approach will work best.
The card counting technique is based on probabilities and counting all the cards in the playing deck or decks. As the player sees a played (and subsequently discarded) card, one adds up the values of these cards. With the starting point equal to 0, this current account can take both negative and positive values. If the first hand from the deck has two (+1), nine (0), king (-1), ace (-1), ten (-1), and jack (-1), the current score will be -3 (minus three).
The higher the current score gets, the more low cards have been used, which means a higher percentage of high cards in the deck. Why is this so important? The basic strategy system is based on the assumption that the next card will be worth 10 points. If you know that the percentage of high cards in the deck is getting higher than usual, then the gambling strategy becomes more effective.
Blackjack: Card Counting Systems
Now let’s reveal the main secret of blackjack: following a certain basic strategy gives the player a mathematical advantage of about + 0.19%. Thus, you can win at the casino in the long term. Here’s the way:
Legend: A – ace, X – any 10-point card.
- Never make insurance.
- Firm hands:
- Against dealer the 2.3 level – take up to solid 13.
- Against dealership the 4,5,6 level – take up to solid 12.
- Against dealership the 7,8,9, X, A levels – take up to a solid 17.
- Soft hands:
- Against dealerships 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 – take up to soft 18.
- Against dealerships 9, X, A – take up to soft 19.
- Solid double:
- With its 9 – double against dealerships 3,4,5,6.
- With its 10 and 11 – double against dealers’ 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
- Soft double:
- With his A, 2, and A, 3 – double against dealer 5.6.
- With his A, 4 and A, 5 – double against dealer 4,5,6.
- With his A, 6 and A, 7 – double against the dealer 3,4,5,6.
- With its 2.2 and 3.3 – split against the dealer’s 2,3,4,5,6,7.
- With its 4.4 – split against the dealer’s 5.6.
- With your 5.5 – do not split (double against 2-9).
- With its 6.6 – split against the dealer’s 2,3,4,5,6.
- With its 7.7 – split against the dealer’s 2,3,4,5,6,7.
- With its 8.8 – split against the dealer’s 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
- With its 9.9 – split against dealer’s 2,3,4,5,6,8,9 (from 2 to 9, but not against 7).
- With your X, X – do not split.
- With own A, A – split against dealer’s 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, X.
- Against the dealer A – sarenda on their own 5,6,7 and 12,13,14,15,16,17 (including pairs).
- Against the dealership X – Saranda on its own 14,15,16 (including 7.7 and 8.8).
- Against the dealer’s 9 – Saranda on their 16s (split by 8.8).
It is worth noting that blackjack differs from other gambling games of luck. You will hardly win in the game if you have no idea of how to play it and do not use any tactic. Each player should take some time to master the technique of card counting and reduce the already insignificant advantage of the gambling house to zero.
Counting cards allows the player to keep track of the ratio between the high and low-value cards remaining in the deck. This helps to accurately calculate who owns the advantage in the game and in accordance with it to manage the rates.